The Ski/Snowboard War is Over!

A Proclamation by the Founder of Yobeat.com:

On this, the 25th day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen, all persons sliding down mountains for fun, regardless of their chosen devices, will be treated with the same respect (or disrespect) they’ve earned through their actions. The Executive Government of Yobeat, including its founding members and contributors old and new, will recognize and maintain the freedom of individuals to choose one plank or two, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.

Provisions:

-No longer will Yobeat reject an excellent video for inclusion of a skier friend.
-If a skier says something stupid, they will be subject to the same scrutiny that a snowboarder would be and subject to trial by the commenter firing squad of Yobeat.com.
-If a skiing edit that cannot be missed drops, we will watch it and share on our media platforms.

In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the Yobeat to be affixed.

Done on the Internet, this 25th day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the eighty-seventh.

By the Boss of Yobeat: Brooke Geery

1. SkiingIsForFAGITS
    SkiingIsForFAGITS says:

THIS JUST IN: Yobeat was sold to some frat boys and is being ran even further into the ground than it already was

2. hears that bonezone is open and yobeat accepts skiers for who they are
    hears that bonezone is open and yobeat accepts skiers for who they are says:

finds nearest rock to bang head against repeatedly

3. BroHuggins
    BroHuggins says:

Damn, I was almost warm and fuzzy after reading through some historical yobeat a couple weeks back but then you had to go and get all cozy with rollerbladers.

• BroHuggins
        BroHuggins says:

I enjoy a handful of skiers and the work they do. I think it’s mostly because they’re diverse and talented at a number of things. Lucas Wachs comes to mind. Snowboarder, TW, Thrasher have all sold out in a number of ways but they’ve stuck with what I like so I come back. Maybe you could chop it up like TW does. Rather than mix the content on one site make it twoplanks.yobeat.com? I don’t really hate skiers. Whatever floats your boat works for me but I’m not sure how mixed content is going to work out for me. I don’t seek out the latest skier news. Maybe I’m clueless and stuck in my ways after 3+ decades of standing sideways. The skater in me is a lot less lenient than the snowboarder in me.

4. Cool
    Cool says:

Can yobeat and hcsc share the same grave?

Actually anyone upset by this needs to get a fucking life beyond shred, weed, beer and the pursuit of bro brah core radness

5. Rob
    Rob says:

Come on. No one here visits skiing websites! Are there any Ski AND snowboard mags? (Except for some shitty UK ones for punters). How is this going to boost hits? Surely you are just alienating your audience?

6. #bringbackchuglife
    #bringbackchuglife says:

This is pretty rad yobeat, if the fragile flowers that use this site can’t handle the odd ski shot can’t they just shove their heads further up their asses?

7. Forrest Gladding
    Forrest Gladding says:

Cant wait for the Alta and Deer Valley Edits. Ill just go to TGR or Unofficial for my content now. Where is the difference? I cant wait for Surfer to include a bunch of bodyboarding and wakeboarding too. YoBeat RIP.

8. Fuck me right?
    Fuck me right? says:

I don’t think anyone has a problem with you guys showing some skiing…or the occasional wakeboard shot, etc. Articles like this are just cringey and annoying. Here’s a thought, instead of writing an article about you’re going to post some skiing footage…why not post some skiing footage?

9. Intimacy
    Intimacy says:

Damn this click bait totally worked. Can’t remember the last time I actually visited this site… As long as you post videos of Lucas Wachs I think we’ll be OK