People’s Court: Mac Eckstrand vs Joe Timmer

Sometimes you have to throw the lamb to the lions and that’s what is happening in this weeks people court. Two Michiganders are going head to head. Vote for your favorite or who you hate less and let them win some Yobeat gear and a chance at a Banshee Bungee.

Mac Eckstrand

Vs

Joe Timmer

[poll id=”336″]

If you think these guys suck and you are way better, or you’d just like to be part of the People’s Court, send a link to your video (on vimeo or youtube, please – videos hosted on other platforms will not be be considered) with your name, address, size and a little bit about yourself to [email protected] If you’re chosen for the battle, we’ll send you an email when it goes live. Each week, the battle winner will receive a prize from the YoBeat Store. As of February 2011, the video with the single most votes each calender month will also receive a Banshee Bungee.

The People’s Court is brought to you by:

Mandatory Disclaimer: Battles are open to any amateur snowboarder. As long as you are not getting paid by any brand, you are eligible to compete. You may choose your size, but not style (prizes are given away based on availability.) Videos should be submitted by the rider, not the videographer or your asshole friends. But whatever.

1. Sam
    Sam says:

The first was better. The edited DID NOT suite the song. The second one was awful. I can’t remember his riding. I just remember a terrible song. You could have pulled it off if your riding and then editing could speak for itself – it can’t.

2. JD
    JD says:

What happened to the well rounded video? Rails Rails, Boxes Boxes, and one craptastic spin or a 3ft back 180 to the side of the landing. WEAK

3. Jason P
    Jason P says:

I turned the second one of immediately at 1:46
    I’m sorry Joe, but there is nothing else you could have done to make up for putting that trick in your edit. End of story.

4. chris
    chris says:

joe trimmer needs to take a chill pill or smoke somethin to control the severe case of adhd and quit dancin on shit.

5. jerm
    jerm says:

Mac could have only put in the boardslide down the wooden retaining wall thing 30 times in a row set to no music and it still would be WAY cooler than that other fucking video.

6. Garrett
    Garrett says:

these edits made me extremely angry…what the hell has happened to snowboarding!!?
    …and please stop reusing songs so dumb

7. ble
    ble says:

i never watch these with sound so i always judge on riding alone, mac, not bad but keep that shit to 2:30 tops, there was a lot of fat you could have trimmed and it would have looked way better.
    Joe…. STOP WITH THE FUCKING RAIL DANCING! that shit was over before it was in, enough people, slide a full fucking rail

8. G
    G says:

Joe, those flatspins were sick!!….when i was 12

voted for the first but that doesnt mean much, they both sucked

9. Bro
    Bro says:

joe sucked massive cock. i dont think he got to the end of a rail the whole time, he just 270 out of everything and afterbanged the shit out of himself. cant stress how angry that video made me. and damn, i dont think you did enough boxes..

10. pooopscoop
    pooopscoop says:

Joe can only spin backside or cab. pretty pathetic. kids need to learn to spin all 4 ways onto and off of. and swivels. They were never cool. You could just put your chin to your shoulder and close your eyes. Wala…Swivel.

11. Jordan
    Jordan says:

im too dizzy from watching the second one to vote. the first was aight, just better editing, second made me wanna throw my snowboard in the garbage.

12. WTF just happened?
    WTF just happened? says:

Joe:

Early out everything, a disgusting amount of swivels, back 5s with instant reverts, and a song that made my ears bleed… I’m not mad, just disappointed 🙁

PS Parker, quit having the best summer ever and post something decent

13. Shtbird
    Shtbird says:

The first dude was not really that bad.. hes a lot better than me actually .. just maybe not ready for yo beat until he chops his edit .. but yea i almost feel bad for joe if he is reading these comments .. you just need to step your edit game up bro.. show more of a part of a lap though the park, not just single hucks and a prayer.. actually you got a little more than that to work on.

14. J
    J says:

How many sketchy frontside swivels can on guy do on the same shit.. Dissapointing.. voted for first dude because second was so bad..

15. Mac
    Mac says:

I did just get thrown the the lions hahaha. It was all constructive criticism though. Thanks yobeat. I think joe’s a damn good snowboarder, just has his own style

16. 1bad muffoka
    1bad muffoka says:

dock 1000 points from the first edit for using a song from videograss. with that said he had nice tricks and was better than the second kid.

17. oh my god
    oh my god says:

mac’s ender!!!!! that super high ollie to nose press was amazing! and mac, your part was great, i doubt half of these people can switch boardslide 270 out

18. JoeyO.
    JoeyO. says:

Why do children continue to put themselves through this…. Voted for mac because he had some street in his part. But if it wasnt for that I wouldnt have voted at all. Joe…. Dont put boxes in you footy. Makes you look like a kook….. Kook!

19. yeah
    yeah says:

Joe, tell your filmer to get closer…. and cut out the box dancing on that rollercoaster box. other than that, you’re fuckin fearless with the rail maneuvers, without much style tho.

20. NC Thrasher
    NC Thrasher says:

Ok Joe we get it, you have the tornado spins on lock… try some more technical tricks instead of the 270 on 270 slip out. Mac wins hands down.

21. Drunk Dad
    Drunk Dad says:

For starters, there wasn’t a single boardslide in joes entire edit. Instead it was zeach after zeach to haggard 270 followed by Joe just being ugly as fuck. Your song was really really bad too. Jock snowboarding at it’s finest. Buy some new pants, and maybe just go back to playing football or something. Becaus no one wants to see you do any more swivels or tail taps anymore.

22. mitch
    mitch says:

i think the second one thinks it is impresive to spin on ride on boxes and hop durring board slides…

23. Jon
    Jon says:

hey. i thought joes edit was hands down better than mac’s. All you fuckin haters lets see you do these switch ups like joes doing. Five bucks says 90% of you sayin that shit can’t. I’m just saying you all don’t have to fuckin troll just because you don’t like his style. All of you talking all this shit is giving michigan a bad name not joe. So just stfu and just ride and have fun.

24. eric
    eric says:

I agree with jon u guys all just hatin on him cuz he isnt wearing skinny pants and weigh 100 pounds. Get a life haters.

25. Jon
    Jon says:

i was starting to feel this whole site was just specifically for skinny pant wearing gypsies. None of them can do this shit. In fact some pros can’t even do some of this stuff…

26. Mac
    Mac says:

@ above comment. I don’t agree with the hate on Joe either… but i mean it’s not my fault I’m a short dude. or that I spent my all my money on a season pass, gas money, car insurance, etc. this year and am too broke to buy 200 dollar snowboard pants…

27. Jon
    Jon says:

i mean does it matter wat u wear at all? should just be based on how you ride or not. And let me tell you Joe isn’t all that rich either. The reason he can afford all that is because he’s always working. He has to pay for all the same shit as you.

28. Mac
    Mac says:

hahaha. alright man, I’m not really trying to get into an internet argument. just don’t understand why your combatting all this hate by hating right back. calm down. I’m fairly certain everyone judged this contest based on the riding, not pants, as you stated. no need to get butt-hurt, it’s just snowboarding.

29. Mac
    Mac says:

I find it funny that you said “does it matter what you wear at all?” when you’re the one who brought up pants in the first place…. I think joe is good as fuck at snowboarding… chill out man

30. eric
    eric says:

Mac you and Joe ride at the same place?

Its funny that people are just hating on u guys cuz ur both from Michigan….

31. Jon
    Jon says:

lol? actually. u did. you said you couldnt afford $200 pants. and mac im not even trying to fight with u. Cause honestly i think you’re a really good rider. I just don’t like it how people are talkin sooo much shit about joe 😛

32. lame
    lame says:

nah, you definitely brought it up first Jon…. “i was starting to feel this whole site was just specifically for skinny pant wearing gypsies. None of them can do this shit.”…. a direct quote from what you said. can you not read?

33. josh
    josh says:

well technically Jon didnt bring up the pants in the first place lol.

“I agree with jon u guys all just hatin on him cuz he isnt wearing skinny pants and weigh 100 pounds. Get a life haters”
    ^^^ this wasn’t Jon ;D